Pet owners know that even the best trained cats and dogs have accidents from time to time. Those accidents can wreak havoc on your carpet and upholstery. In addition to stains, pet odor is a common problem. Removing the pet urine smell can be a challenging and frustrating process. That is why Best Carpet Cleaning offers a free no obligation evaluation to assess the best course of action to resolve your issues.
How Professionals Remove Odor
Remember, in order to remove the odor, all of the alkaline salt deposits the urine leaves behind must be completely removed. This can be quite extensive and time consuming. In worse cases, all of the following steps will be done. When damage is not so bad a few steps are left out.
- Step 1: Clean carpet.
- Step 2: Apply an acid rinse to remove salt crystals.
- Step 3: Treat carpet with an enzyme treatment and deodorization.
- Step 4: Remove affected carpet pad and/or tackless strips.
- Step 5: Remove affected carpet.
- Step 6: Clean and seal floor if needed with an odor barrier.
- Step 7: Treat back of carpet with acid rinse, enzyme treatment and deodorization.
- Step 8: Install new tackless strip.
- Step 9: Install new carpet pad.
- Step 10: Re-install carpet.
- Step 11: Install new carpet or patch existing carpet.